Saturday, October 11, 2008

My First Job: My Interview - Part 2 of 5



The Inside Scenario

The bright light from the tube reached every nook and corner of the room. As I walked into, there was a deserted office table along with the chair on my left. There was a vacant chair kept almost to the left of the table and facing the pathway through which I have walked down. The flame orange colour spread out through the room-heater; a lone Lady warming her hands off. As I moved onto the empty seat which I thought was for the interviewee and truly so, the Lady took her seat.

There were three people in the room who can be referred to as The Bald, The Smart and of course The Lady.

There was a large sofa on my left and the Bald was on my immediate left and the Smart to the immediate left of him. The Lady was almost in front of me; sitting on the smaller sofa seat and holding my CV.

I wished them ‘Good Evening Mam’ and ‘Good Evening Sirs’ and was told to take my seat.

The Interview Begins (verbatim) :

The Bald: So Utsav, are you nervous or confident?

Me: Sir, confident of course. Sir, this is my first interview.

The Bald: Good

The Lady: What is this ASN?

Me: Mam, it’s the name of my school i.e. Adarsh Shiksha Niketan.

The Smart: How come you are in this institute? Was it your choice or you had no options left?

Me: Sir, my rank was such that I had the option to choose a good institute or a tempting branch. I chose the former because I felt that Chemical engineering is an equally challenging branch. Above all, my Chemistry numbers have been good through out. I was getting Computer and other jazzy branches in Gorakhpur, Sultanpur etc. but I went for Chemical Engineering in Lucknow.

The Lady: You belong to Noida?

Me: Yes Mam

The Bald: Noida? – he said in a quizzical manner.

The Bald: Where in Noida?

Me: Sir, Sector-20, Near Atta Market

The Bald: Which block in Sector-20?

Me: Sir, D-Block

The Bald: The House No.?

Me: Sir, One naught One

The Bald: Gasping, do you know Mr. Tripathi in D-37?

Me: Sorry sir

The Bald: I stay there.

The Lady: Ok Utsav, tell me about yourself
It's all shaping-up nicely. Don't forget to catch the next part tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment