Sunday, October 5, 2008

My First Job: The Interview - Part 1 of 5

Within no time, I was there in my room getting ready for the interview. It was all a hotchpotch scene. The guys were running all around for shirts, trousers, ties, shoes etc. Anyhow my final interview makeup constituted:
· Ankur’s shirt, belt, pen and of course his all too lucky wrist watch
· Warya’s tie (I still hold Nishant Anchal’s tie if he reads this blog some day)
· Umesh’s shoes
I had brought a black gab from home which I wore that day. The hand kerchief and the socks were my only contribution to my interview attire.
Harshit and Pramil were busy preparing the interview folder for me. Manoj was always there from then onwards. I came, along with Ankur, to the Applied Science department where interviews had to take place. In between, he put around Rs. 5,000/- in his purse and gave it to me as I had forgotten mine. A good luck sign perhaps…

At one corner, Ankur was busy telling me the computer/IT stuff. Shailesh’s interview was first and mine was last (as has always been the case all along). A long wait…
I was anxiously walking, having cigarette at the terrace, joking and being joked about and congratulated a number of times before the interview. Rajan Nagina joked “ Your selection is on the cards as there is a lady on the interview board” Flattering indeed!

Few minutes before the interview, Tyagi was all there with me, cooling me down and giving useful tips. As the time came, I went into the interview room with lots of best wishes and of course with the necessary bit of confidence.
“Will it be another day of disappointment?” The question never really loomed over my mind.

COMING-UP NEXT WEEK - PART 2 and 3 of 'The Interview'

1 comment:

  1. Can you please return my Tie now??

    :-)


    I finally came across your blog as you had expected.

    -Nishant

    ReplyDelete