Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My First Job - The Written Test

We met Tom (another character in his own right) at the ‘Chouraha’. He got irritated with our manufactured premise of ‘Polaris’ being not open to the Cham acal engineers. This has happened to our batch almost through out the year.

After an anxious waiting period, Polaris did arrive at the campus. The PPT (Pre-Placement Talk) was short and formal.

The written test started off and I attempted 41 questions in 40 minutes. There were definitely some questions leaked from one of the other colleges that Polaris had already visited. From the discussions that prevailed after the written test, I was a bit upset. I supposed myself of crossing the upper cut-off. Pramil and I then went to the RamRam Bank Chaouraha to have a shave. Any guesses - what Pramil said
He said “This is the first time I am having a shave before clearing the written” (lol)

I felt confident again. As we conversed with other fellows, I become confident enough to clear the written test. People had done well and crossing upper cut-off now seemed distant.

We had the usual Wednesday mess lunch (Tahri, curd and chutney) and in no time I was in the balcony (my hostel room was near the balcony that faced the main faculty building) going through the C Language basics. I was there, reading and trying to comprehend all the stuff in 20-25 minutes (the computer language skills that students hone in years). The anxiousness grew…

Suddenly, I could hear the noise that signified the declaration of results of the written test. As I stood in the balcony, the person appearing from the bushes (with main building at the background) and moving with his face down, towards the C-Block, turned out to be Tyagi. Tyagi can be compared to an ant who assiduously works towards its tasks at its own good pace. He happened to be the first casualty of our coterie. Manoj, another brilliant brain at social networking and a magpie to the core, faltered. Animesh also did not feature in the declared list.

Anyhow we were still going strong – Shailesh, Mall, Pravesh, Vinod, Pramil and I … made it to the ‘Group Discussion’ round.

No comments:

Post a Comment